Sunday, March 19, 2017

I got to fly in Japan!!!!!

Yesterday I got to get up in this plane and fly around Japan. Flying in Japan is a very rare thing because it is so expensive. Anywhere else it would've cost around 400 dollars each hour. Since I'm in the Civil Air Patrol, it only costs about 130 each hour. Even better, it's not out of my pocket; the airforce pays CAP some money each year to fund activities like this, sarexs, and other CAP related activities. I got to fly near Mt Fuji, Black Sand Beach, and near Tokyo. I didn't get to do this yesterday, but since we respect the airspace, Tokyo has allowed us (CAP) to give tour rides at about 2000 feet over Tokyo. Since flying here is so expensive, the air is wide open and there is no traffic in the air at all when we do our orientation flights. I got an hour of flight time in the front seat, and I got to ride in the back seat for another hour, when we switched out so the other cadet could fly up front. I took some great pictures of the mountains, so here they are. 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment